The Montana Board of Research and Commercialization Technology (MBRCT) provides a predictable and stable source of funding for research and commercialization projects in Montana. MBRCT encourages economic development through investment in research projects that have a clear path to commercialization.
The Board takes the following criteria into account when making funding decisions:
- Has potential to diversify or add value to a traditional basic industry of the state's economy,
- Shows promise for enhancing technology-based sectors or commercial development of discoveries,
- Employs or takes advantage of existing research and commercialization strengths,
- Has a realistic and achievable project design,
- Employs an innovative technology,
- Is located in the state,
- Has a qualified research team,
- Has scientific merit based on peer review, and
- Includes research opportunities for students.