Montana Technology Innovation Partnership (MTIP) is a Montana Department of Commerce initiative created to promote technology commercialization as a viable economic development strategy for the State of Montana.
MTIP's mission is to build the short-term benefits of technology research and development into the long-term rewards of economic development through commercialization.
MTIP is driven by six objectives:
- To offer technical assistance for SBIR and STTR proposals
- To assist businesses in securing seed capital for research and development
- To provide educational opportunities that target Montana's technology-based businesses and service providers
- To identify and guide businesses to appropriate local and national resources - technical, business, financial or university
- To deliver result- oriented services to help technology-based businesses achieve personal commercialization goals
- To complement, not duplicate, the services of other service providers